Adderall is a psychostimulant having a special meaning in the medicine. It has a broad action, little of side effects, and significantly increases the higher mental functions.
The drug consists of two amphetamine isomers. But unlike amphetamine, Adderall has a better tolerance and does not cause euphoria. The action of Adderall is directed at the increase of the quality rates of the brain functions.
Using Adderall, brain works more productively: it quickly processes information, can remember more information, has a fast thinking, fatigue is gone, a stress-resistance grows, and a motivation and performance efficiency is increased. All these effects are achieved after the first application of the drug.
But Adderall may be also used for preventive purposes (to improve higher functions of the brain) and to treat serious mental disorders:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Decreased mental abilities associated with the CNS diseases or organic brain damages
- Severe form of depressive disorder
- Neurotic disorders with retardation
- Asthenic conditions, accompanied by lethargy, apathy, drowsiness and others
Take Adderall strictly in accordance with instruction. If your doctor did not prescribe special recommendations and a special dosing, stick to the standard recommendations:
- Initial dose of Adderall should be not more than 30 mg per day
- A dose may be increased up to 60 mg per day in a week of the treatment
If you are taking Adderall 60 mg per day, divide this dose into 2. A half of it should be used in the morning, and another half is used in the afternoon. Do not take the drug before sleeping because you may have insomnia.
If you take Adderall, reduce or completely refuse from natural stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks.
If a minimal dose 30 mg per day causes any side effects, a dose may be reduced up to 25 mg per day or even up to 20 mg. A dosing may be adjusted.
- If you have started taken Adderall, avoid alcohol consumption. Even little of ethanol may cause an increase of a therapeutic effect and side effects
- Do not take Adderall with other medicines of the stimulating action
- In case of the anxious disorders, panic disorders, or other acute mental diseases, the use of Adderall is contraindicated
- If you are taking MAO inhibitors or other intensive antidepressants, Adderall may be used in 3 weeks after the use of these medicines
An overdose of Adderall is dangerous because of the mental abnormalities and development of the diseases in the cardiovascular system. The obvious symptoms of the overdose are tachycardia, high blood pressure, chest pain, stimulant psychosis, manic syndrome, outbreak of Tourette’s Syndrome, increased symptoms of schizophrenia, and others.
The overdose leads to a complete refuse from the use of Adderall or similar ingredients in order to completely recover, and this may have a negative influence on the treatment of the main disease.